Effective Date: March 24th, 2017
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, we may collect two types of information: Personal Information and Usage Data (collectively, “Information”).
- “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or could be used to identify an individual. For example, Personal Information generally includes contact data (name, address, phone number or email address), demographic data (gender, date of birth or zip/postal code) and, in some jurisdictions, certain Usage Data (as defined below). Personal Information is typically information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- “Usage Data” means information about an individual’s activity when he or she uses the Services. Usage Data may, for example, include browser and device information, aggregated information (statistics and impressions) and information gathered by cookies.
We may link some Usage Data together. If the linked information can be used to reasonably identify an individual, we will treat such linked information as Personal Information.
4. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use Information for all lawful purposes in the operation and conduct of our business, such as:
- When you interact with our Services: We collect the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide when you use the Services, such as when you register with one of our Services or participate in our contests or surveys. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we may use your Personal Information to enable your participation in our Services, send you promotions, advertising or information that we think may interest you should you consent to it, and notify you about important information regarding changes to our terms, conditions and policies. In addition, we may use Usage Data to provide the Services and help us better deliver and improve the Services, such as by diagnosing problems, delivering advertising, and conducting market research about the traffic and patterns of use of our Services.
- When you contact us: When you contact us, we may use the Personal Information you provide, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and inquiry or opinion, to respond to your questions, resolve your problems, and help us improve our customer service.
- When you purchase products or enroll in a subscription service: Certain of our Services may offer e-commerce platforms where you can purchase products or subscription services. We may collect your Personal Information and maintain your order/purchase history to fulfill orders, ensure proper delivery, or provide other services related to your purchases. We use a third party payment processor to collect and process your credit card information. We do not collect, access, store or process any credit card information related to your online transactions.
- Through our Mobile Applications: In order to use our mobile applications (“Apps”), you may need to register and create an account with us. We may collect Information about your use of our Apps, including Information about the location of the device used to access the Services (“Location Data”). Location Data includes: (i) the location of the device derived from GPS or WiFi use; (ii) the IP address of the device or internet service used to access the Services, and (iii) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user. If you do not want us to collect Location Data from your device, please delete the App or disable the location setting on your device. Please note that disabling the location setting may affect certain features of the App.
- When you apply for employment: If you apply for employment, you will be navigated to a third party website to create a profile and complete your application. The Personal Information we collect through your employment application and profile is solely used to evaluate your application and consider you for current and future employment opportunities.
- From other sources: We may also receive Information about you through third parties with whom we contract, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer's hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and Internet activities. We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
- Session Cookies are used to operate our Services. Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Services. If a user chooses to disable cookies, certain content and features may not be available.
- Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. These cookies also help us evaluate our marketing program performance and analytics.
- Security Cookies are used for general security purposes, such as user authentication and preventing fraudulent use or unauthorized access of data.
A web beacon (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) is a piece of computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and website traffic. To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We refer to cookies, web beacons, and other similar technology as “Data Collection Technology.” Data Collection Technology enables us to remember your password for future log-ins, compile statistics about use of the Services, and detect and prevent fraud. Data Collection Technology also helps us and our ad management partners manage our online marketing program and deliver ads that are relevant or may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or alert you when a cookie is dropped on your computer. Usually, these settings are available through the security features of your web browser, and you should be able to consult the Help feature available for your browser for further information. Please be aware that if you disable cookies, some features on the IDEAL websites may not be available, such as those features which require identification. If need be, IDEAL will reject any responsibility for the consequences associated with degraded operation of its Services resulting from rejection of deletion of cookies and IDEAL’s subsequent inability to register or consult the cookies necessary for operation.
Our policy on “Do Not Track” signals: California’s Online Privacy Protection Act requires website operators to disclose how they respond to web browser’s “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals. Some web browsers incorporate a DNT or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including IDEAL, do not respond to DNT signals.
Opting out of Interest-Based Advertising. Interest-based advertising is a way that helps companies provide you with more relevant advertising on the websites you visit of the applications you use. If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. An “opt-out” cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. Please note that when you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based advertisements, this does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from us or on the Services. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your particular interests. If you delete cookies on your device, generally you will need to opt-out again. More information about online behavioral advertising can be found at www.aboutads.info.
6. HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share Information collected via the Services as follows:
- Service providers: Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share Information with our third-party service providers that help us operate the Services, such as for website hosting, professional services, analytics, human resources management, customer service, e-mail delivery and auditing. Such service providers must process the Personal Information we share with them only on our behalf and for the same purposes for which the Personal Information was collected. We will not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
- Corporation transaction: Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share, transfer or delete your Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by IDEAL or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part). If required by applicable law, any such sharing of Information will be reported to regulators in accordance with the applicable law.
7. OPTING OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us or prefer us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes, please be sure that any relevant boxes on forms we use to collect your Personal Information are unchecked, click the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing emails, or call or email us at 1 (800) 435-0705 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we cannot remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties (including our Affiliates) who are not service providers with which we have shared your Personal Information prior to your opt-out request. Please contact those third parties directly.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and similar rules in other jurisdictions, if we learn that we DM_US 56918784-11.001939.0010
have received any information directly from a child under age 13, or such other age as set by the laws of jurisdictions outside the U.S. without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information..
10. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable precautions intended to help protect Information that we collect, transfer and store. Unfortunately, however, no system or online transmission of data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of Information transmitted to or through the Services. Any transmission is at your own risk and we request that you use appropriate security measures to protect your Information. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.
11. RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND DATA RETENTION
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have statutory rights to access, modify or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you. Exercising such rights must be in accordance with applicable law, and we reserve the right to charge appropriate fees to respond to such request if permitted by applicable law. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information set forth in Section 13 below.
Personal Information is retained for the time necessary to accomplish the purpose(s) for which it was collected and processed.
12. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
By Mail: IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. 1375 Park Ave. Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
By Phone: 1 (800) 435-0705
By Email: email@example.com